Re: minimac g4 with ati radeon 9200

> with debian squeeze no problem to get working this card with 3d acceleration
>
> I've installed debian wheezy and I can't get 3d, glxgears is very slow

Known issue: for 3D acceleration (openGL 1.3 only, though), you must set

options radeon modeset=0

in the file /etc/modprobe.d/radeon-kms.conf

Nonetheless, I had to disable HW acceleration lately because font
rendering is buggy (all fonts are draw in white, which is hard to read
on a white background, but no bug with modeset=1). Let me know if you
have the same bug: it may be worth of filling an official debian bug
entry for this behavior of the radeon-drm driver on PPC.

Regards,
--
Stéphane