Re: INFO: task updatedb.mlocat:5439 blocked for more than 120 seconds

On Jun 24, 2012, at 9:31 AM, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

Hi there,

 Has anyone seen this sort of messages before:

 The system is a:

$ uname -a
Linux macminig4 2.6.32-5-powerpc #1 Sun May 6 03:39:01 UTC 2012 ppc GNU/Linux

 Is my hard drive going to die ? Any test I can run to check that ?

Depends... Is this happening frequently?  Or is it a one-time thing?

If it happens a lot, you probably should think about backing up your data and getting ready to replace the disk.

If it's a one-off, you can probably not worry about it. There are lots of transient things that could cause this kind of event: temperature, vibration, cosmic-rays (seriously, a random alpha particle can cause a bit to flip in RAM), and so on...

Does that help?