GeForce 4 MX problem in Debian Wheezy

Hello,

I am a recent "converter" who dropped OSX 10.5 on my iMac G5 (rev.a with GeForce4 mx graphic), and moved into Debian 6.
Well, I am very happy about the decision, and Squeeze works greatly for me -- except only a few lack of features HTML5 supporting browser.

So after a month of usage, I've tried installing (and upgrading from Squeeze) Wheezy. Well, It seems that new nouveau driver included in Wheezy Xorg server seems to have some problems. Screen goes out, with yellow lines and broken color mashes, etc. Thus, can't really do something after the log-on.

When installing the nouveau driver package, it gives out a warning; something about kernel version that it needs.
It says that the package (and related kernel module) will need a kernel version later than 2.6.34RC ... But the kernel version available in the Wheezy seems to be 2.6.32, and using other driver is no option, since Wheezy no longer has the old nv driver.

Can anyone help me understanding the situation? Simply speaking, iMacG5 (Rev. A) cannot use X windows in Wheezy.
I would be very grateful if anyone can give me any pointer :-) Thanks!

Gil