RE: Can't read or boot from Squeeze 6.0.4 [ppc] disk 1 on Original iMac

Actually, the cd writer is a usb peripheral, but the cd tray drive has always been able to read disks I've burnt using that.

I'm not even sure if it can read dvds.

-----Original Message-----
From: Risto Suominen <risto.suominen@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 12:10
To: John Wesley Cooper <jwesleycooper@cox.net>
Cc: debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Can't read or boot from Squeeze 6.0.4 [ppc] disk 1 on Original iMac

2012/3/28, John Wesley Cooper <jwesleycooper@cox.net>:
> Yes, it works on other machines, and I've read/burnt cd-r's using this iMac
> before.

That's interesting. So you have a CD writer on tray loading iMac. I
didn't know they existed. That makes the problem even harder to
understand: CD writers should be able to read CD-R's.

The CD's format should be standard ISO9660. Flashing OF can hardly
help. Perhaps flashing CD drive's firmware...

I would try with another CD-R brand...

Risto