Re: Getting cdrom open on G5 running debian.

On 5 Feb 2012, at 09:44, MiB wrote:

> 5 feb 2012 kl. 07.06 skrev Erik de Castro Lopo:
>
>> It seems I've messed up yaboot on a G5 running debian. anyone know how
>> I get the cdrom door open to boot from cdrom? I'm using a standard PC
>> usb keyboard.
>
> I'm not sure if holding the mouse button down during upstart works without OS X, but that is the simplest I think.

The hold-mouse-to-eject-all feature is a firmware feature that's been
part of the Mac since way-back. It used to be the defacto way to eject
a floppy disk that wouldn't eject at the desktop :)

I am pretty sure it works on all PowerPC machines, regardless of the OS.

--

Mark Benson

http://DECtec.info
Twitter: @DECtecInfo