Re: Power Mac G5 & Radeon X1900 - driver problem

On Mit, 2011-09-28 at 14:02 -0500, John Ames wrote:
> Can you explain why that would be? It recognizes the card correctly
> and the radeon driver page claims support for it,

For the Mac edition? That would be an error I'm afraid.

> it even does framebuffer console correctly,

That must be using OFfb, a generic framebuffer device which uses the
video mode set by OpenFirmware.

> the only time it runs into problems is when it tries to start X. Is it
> a PPC thing? I thought ATOM BIOS was platform-independent?

The problem is precisely that the card doesn't have an ATOM BIOS ROM
image but a non-standard one.

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer           |                   http://www.amd.com