Re: Video Problem?

Hi.

Hmm, I cannot reproduce your problem.

My setup: G5 dual 1.8 GHz with FX5200,
Debian Squeeze ( + OS X )

apt-get update, apt-get upgrade 5 minutes ago => 6.0.2

Monitor attached to the DVI port of the FX5200.

Everything ok.

On Wednesday 21 September 2011 23:34:31 David Lowe wrote:
> Bouncing this back to the list, and bottom-posting to boot.
>
> On 21 Sep, 2011, at 12:24 PM, John Ames wrote:
> > Does it have more than one display connector? I recall that Squeeze on
> > my older G5 set up X to use the alternate connector on the Radeon 9600
> > it had...I was scratching my head for way too long over that one.
> >
> > On 9/21/11, David Lowe <doctorjlowe@verizon.net> wrote:
> >> 	I recently put 6.0.2.1 on a PowerMac G5.  The install seemed to go
> >> well, but the reboot on this machine gives me just a blank screen.  I
> >> get normal video from yaboot, and normal video from OSX, but nothing
> >> from Squeeze.  In fact, the monitor tells me it's not even seeing any
> >> input at this stage.

Are you shure that Debian is up and running? Did you try to ping your machine?
Does ssh or telnet work?

> >> This is far out of my experience that i don't even
> >> know what keywords to search for on the web.  Can i get some hints to
> >> help troubleshoot this issue?  The video card for the machine in
> >> question is an NVIDIA GeForce FX5200
>
> 	[A light bulb goes off over my head.]  Yeah, the GPU has both ADC and DVI
> outputs.  Being as i don't have an ADC cable, i'm plugged into the DVI out.
>  What specifically do i need to edit to fix this?

I don't have an ADC cable, too - I never had any problems with missing video
signal.

> Sent from my MacBookPro

Sent from my Ultra2 :-)

Regards,