Fwd: Newbee

On 12 Aug, 2011, at 5:49 AM, Jeroen Diederen wrote:

> You can also use powerprefs:
>
> wget http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/p/powerprefs/powerprefs_0.5.1-2_powerpc.deb
>
> dpkg -i powerprefs_0.5.1-2_powerpc.deb

	That's very interesting.  I've got all the repositories turned on in Software Sources, and 'powerprefs' is not visible in Synaptic.  Despite that, Debian has it on one of their servers...  How much else are they hiding back there?

	The other curiosity is the version number.  Upstream powerprefs is at 0.8.0, but it depends upon pbuttonsd which is at version 0.5.1.  I suppose we can assume that this particular .deb is both put together.

	Anyway, the script is working fine for now.  I will keep powerprefs in mind if i need further functionality in the future.  Thanks for the pointer.

Sent from my MacBookPro

"If you can count your money, you don't have a billion dollars." - Getty