Re: OS X unbootable after Squeeze/Sid installation on Powerbook5,6

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 04:20:48PM +0200, Piotr Kopszak wrote:
> But I still can mount Mac OS  partition in linux and all seems fine.
> Isn't it rather a problem of Open Firmware?

The Linux HFS+ driver is pretty brain-dead. I should know, since I
wrote it originally. It's no indication that the file system isn't
corrupt. There are also some magic bits required for booting that
aren't required to just read the files.

Have you tried booting from an OSX disc and running Disk Utility
to repair that device? The OSX installer has a menu option to run
it in case you need to partition your drive.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com