Re: sound problem ibook g4

it is an ibook g4 from 2004 perhaps late.

it is not a powermac.

its not a volume issue. i hear fine just strange sounds. alsamixer set to 99 or lower for master  and stuff for pcm . why would treble and bass have any effect?

in a week when i get back from a conference if neccessary I will trash the install and reinstall and try again.

(i have never had to reinstall debian every before on 10's of  machines!!!) this is a very sad occurence!!! i have never had this idea of reinstalling - so windows like. :(

Mitchell