Re: Mini Mac X.Org Issue on Debian 6

Have you tried importing the other xorg.conf file from 5 to 6?
Or setting the TV options in the device section?

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 7:59 AM, Lee Wilson <leefm40@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I've just done a fresh install of Debian 6 on my PPC Mini Mac and for the life of me cannot get X up and running. The Mac is connected to my TV via VGA through a DVI-to-VGA adapter (no DVI on my TV) and the screen just keeps flicking on and off.

When I installed Debian 5 everything just worked with config straight after install, so I never had to troubleshoot. I've reinstalled Debian 5 just to make sure it did just work and GDM came straight up. Both include the radeon driver which I believe is the correct one for the Radeon 9200 in the Mac.

I've attached both configs from 5 & 6, from my limited understanding I cannot see much difference. When diffing the configs there are quite a few more options in the config but most are disabled I think.

The last message I see when running X with either config is "Leaving Restore TV" and when generating the config the errors below are shown:

Bus error at address 0x481777000
Fatal Server Error
Caught Signal 7 (Bus Error). Server aborting

Debian 5 was running  X.org X server 1.4.2 and 6 is running 1.7.7.

I believe this is down to some kind of refresh rate issue (at least from what I've googled) so I tried to manually generate the mode lines for my using the following link http://xtiming.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/xtiming.pl but it made no difference regardless of what resolution I choose that my TV lists as supported.

Has anyone else run into this and can offer some insight?

Thanks in advance

Lee