Re: installation failed
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: installation failed
- From: Jeroen Diederen <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 17:04:51 +0100
- Message-id: <4ED10E23.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <4E658CEB.email@example.com>
- References: <4E639219.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4E63B0A0.email@example.com> <4E64EFAD.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4E658CEB.email@example.com>
On 09/06/2011 05:00 AM, Milan Kupcevic wrote:
The new hw-detect in the latest builds of debian-installer fixes the
problems!! Thanks Milan.
On 09/05/2011 11:50 AM, Jeroen Diederen wrote:
Is the info I gave you enough for you ?
It was not quite clear at the begining, but if loading pata-macio fixes
your issue, then you've had hit a known problem.
Currently, kernel in d-i is using pmac driver compiled-in. The latest
kernel avaliable in wheezy is using pata-macio module instead. The
pata-macio module isn't getting loaded automatically on machines with
KeyLargo, Heathrow/Paddington and OHare controllers. The problem should
disapear with upload of hw-detect 1.88, which will let d-i to add
pata-macio into /etc/initramfs-tools/modules on the machines where this
module isn't getting loaded automatically.