Re: Corrupted display after Debian 6.0.2.1 installation on iMac G5

Hi,

On 3.10.2011, at 13.11, Michel Dänzer wrote:
On Son, 2011-10-02 at 12:46 +0300, Aaro Koskinen wrote:
Hello,

 I finally decided to switch from Mac OS X to Debian on my
 G5 iMac. I downloaded the netinst CD image, and the
 installation worked just fine.

 Unfortunately, now when I reboot the installed system, it's
 unusable due to corrupted display (there's just some
 psychedelic noise, you barely see any text). The boot and
 console display are fine up to the point when the DRM kernel
 modules are loaded, I think.

 Is there any way I could disable the DRM and other "advanced"
 graphics stuff from the yaboot prompt, and use just the bare
 frame buffer?

Does radeon.modeset=0 work around the problem?

The graphics card is GeForce FX 5200, not Radeon. With "nomodeset"
kernel parameter I got the console working fine, however, when X
was started there was again an another issue: the colours were totally
messed up.

I was so unimpressed by all this that I have now restored now my
old Mac OS X installation.

A.