newest linux-image-3.0.0-1 doesn't recognize HD

Hi,

With the latest update, kernel doesn't recognize my HD (neither uuid
nor /dev/hdaX). When I boot into it, I get to an initramfs shell and
when I run

ls /dev/

there isn't anything that I could perceive as hd. I've read on the list
that the modules would be changed, is this it?

Where else should I look?

iMac G3
ATA device, with non-removable media
	Model Number:       Maxtor 93073U4
	Serial Number:      N417ABEC
	Firmware Revision:  BAC51JJ0

The previous 3.0 version of the kernel booted without any noise.

thanks,

--
"...agora, só nos sobrou o futuro...", visto em www.manuchao.net

Gunther Furtado