debian live installer

Hi all,

For some time now I am looking at the debian-live mailing list and I can
see that there is very little support for us PPC users left. Also for
some time no iso images are produced for this arch anymore. I don't
really care about the latter as we can make our own live images with
live-buld or customise the ones which are still available in the debian
live archive
(http://live.debian.net/archive/images/6.0_alpha2/powerpc/iso/)

Now comes my problem. Debian live installer does not work on PPC for a
long time. I have asked a few times in the debian-live mailing list if
someone (Daniel Baumann ?) could do something about it. Well, basically
I was told that PPC is a dying architecture and that there was no time
to work on this port. If I knew what to do I would start working on it
myself, but I lack the technical knowledge for this. I know that there
are still people working for this arch, so therefore I ask you guys here
if there are volunteers to look at the Debian live installer within
Debian live. It would be great to have such a feature for customised
Debian installations.

For people who do not know what I mean. In a liveCD of Ubuntu for PPC
there is the possibility to install the environment what you see
(usually with a clickable link on the desktop). This can also be
included for x86 Debian live iso's. Unfortunately this is not working
for PPC.

Hoping to hear from you guys soon...

Regards,
Jeroen Diederen