Re: OS X unbootable after Squeeze/Sid installation on Powerbook5,6

Hi there.

On May 31 2011, Brad Boyer wrote:
> The Linux HFS+ driver is pretty brain-dead. I should know, since I
> wrote it originally.

In recent versions, Christoph Hellwig has been giving it a facelift (and,
IIRC, Al Viro has also updated it).

> Have you tried booting from an OSX disc and running Disk Utility
> to repair that device? The OSX installer has a menu option to run
> it in case you need to partition your drive.

If he has not yet tried, he could try to use hfsprogs from Debian, which is
Apple's fsck ported to Linux.

Regards,

--
Rogério Brito : rbrito@{ime.usp.br,gmail.com} : GPG key 4096R/BCFCAAAA