Re: 2.6.39, radeon_bl and pbbuttonsd

On Don, 2011-04-21 at 10:30 +0200, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:

> I am running 2.6.39-rc4. For the backlight control this kernel uses
> /sys/class/backlight/radeon_bl on my PB. Starting pbbuttonsd the
> cpu_usage gets up much

Unfortunately, the KMS backlight support seems to use a significant
amount of CPU for each backlight level change. If you have
LCD_FadingSpeed and/or LCD_AutoAdjust enabled in /etc/pbbuttonsd.conf,
does disabling them help?

> and the backlight dimms to nearly 0.

Maybe pbbuttonsd is confused because the backlight level range is
different than previously. Can you fix it up manually?