Re: After sid dist-upgrade 3d acceleration has gone

* Michel Dänzer [110223 17:54 +0100]:
> On Son, 2011-02-13 at 12:02 +0100, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
> >
> > I've dist-upgraded my PowerBook5,8 for unstable. There ist no more
> > acceleration in 3-D games like foobillard.
>
> [...]
>
> > glxinfo shows:
> > name of display: :0.0
> > display: :0  screen: 0
> > direct rendering: Yes
> > server glx vendor string: SGI
> > server glx version string: 1.4
>
> This is missing important information from glxinfo. Try something like
>
>         LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxinfo | grep '^OpenGL [vr]e'
>
> and make sure the stderr output is included as well.

libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/tls/r300_dri.so
libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/r300_dri.so
libGL: Can't open configuration file /etc/drirc: No such file or directory.
libGL: Can't open configuration file /etc/drirc: No such file or directory.
libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/tls/r300_dri.so
libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/r300_dri.so
libGL: Can't open configuration file /etc/drirc: No such file or directory.
OpenGL vendor string: X.Org R300 Project
OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on ATI RV350
OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 7.10

Meanwhile I managed to get 3D acceleration. It is not satisfying me:
Playing foobillard shows a blue colored pool table (instead of a
wooden one) and the balls are all looking "blued". Playing on an
"i386 / radeon / 2.6.38-rc5" with the same .foobillardrc runs like
expected....

Elimar

--
  >what IMHO then?
  IMHO - Inhalation of a Multi-leafed Herbal Opiate ;)
              --posting from alex in debian-user--