Re: Error creating a PIC EXECUTABLE in a POWER-PC Debian

On 02/23/2011 06:06 PM, Michel Dänzer wrote:
You should probably file a bug against gcc or binutils.

Hi!
 I've reported already this problem to gcc-help.
I've received the answer of Mr. Lane Taylor, a big expert of linkers. He checked my reports, and found bugs in the current debian6 PPC toolchain: gcc crt .o files are not compiled as PIC as they should.
Moreover also crt1.o from glibc is not compiled as PIC.
All of that makes impossible to generate pie executables.
He suggested me to report that to the mantainer of Debian PPC package.. what should I do now?
Regards,
Stefano B.