Re: R_PPC_REL24 relocation __libc_start_main/__nptl_deallocate_tsd out of range

Hi! Thank you for your reply!

On 02/16/2011 05:32 PM, brian m. carlson wrote:
One thing that sometimes works on hppa with this kind of problem is to
use -ffunction-sections.  You might try it and see if it works for you.

Nope it didn't work :(
The problem seem to be generated during linking.. I think I have all PIC object files: checking all the linked object files with "readelf -d myobjectfile | fgrep TEXT" all seem to be PIC as nothing is produced by the previous comand.But the final PIC executable contains a non PIC relocation: giving the command "readelf -d mypie_executable | fgrep TEXT" to my final 'PIC' output executable i get: "0x00000016 (TEXTREL) 0x0"
I am trying with the simplest possible code:
int main() { }
I think the linker goes crazy as I am trying to create a PIC executable not a shared library..
Hope somebody there can help!
Regards,
Stefano B.