Re: Debian Lenny on IBM JS21

I am tryingo to install using the Remote Disk option. I will need to lookup shipment date for this blade, but I am pretty sure it was after 2003.

Regards,

Yoanis.

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 9:47 PM, brian m. carlson <sandals@crustytoothpaste.net> wrote:
On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 05:02:42PM -0500, Yoanis Gil Delgado wrote:
> It has also been observed that either, the following behaviors are seen,
> randomly, while trying to perform the installation:
>
> 1 - The server will comply that not image is present in order to continue
> the boot process.
> 2 - The server will detect the OS, start the boot process, but while loading
> the ramdisk image it will through an error related to accessing an invalid
> memory address.

How are you trying to install?  If by CD, are you sure the CD is okay?
Was your BladeCenter chassis shipped before June 2003? (There's a
compatibility issue with some CD-ROM drives.)  I see a lot of these
types of problems (on all systems) with bad CDs or bad CD drives.