Re: Debugging yaboot issues (was: Re: Call for testers: new yaboot package release - experimental installer)

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 3:21 PM, Benjamin Cama <benoar@free.fr> wrote:

> To help about this _specific_ issue, please report to #572869. Your SATA
> controller should have been supported by yaboot, as I thought that
> changes made to 1.3.16 fixed that, but it doesn't seem to be the case.
> To help diagnose the problem, to anyone having this issue on a G5,
> please also include the result of : ls /sys/bus/scsi/devices

I tried to do this with Zsombor's recent build but, unfortunately, the
network driver wasn't recognized and a suitable kernel wasn't found
for the installation (using expert64 boot option). I didn't look to
see if a USB drive would show up as that's the only way I could
provide a verbose listing of /sys/bus/scsi/devices. Should I try for
the same output on an official testing or unstable weekly or nightly
build? IIRC, I had a similar ofpath issues with those as well.

-Gary