Re: Installing nouveau hints?

On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 2:50 PM, Gary Driggs <gdriggs@gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you checked in on the nouveau mailing list or IRC channel? I have ATI chipsets in most all of my legacy Mac hardware so I haven't had any need for Nvidia drivers. I had the same question about Ubuntu for PPC but there may be a better place to ask. Do they have their own list or msg boards?

I've checked the nouveau sites a bit, but PPC isn't their top concern.
 I chatted with a fellow over at the ubuntu-ppc IRC channel and
apparently the PPC version is released at the same time as the regular
Ubuntu releases (tomorrow, I gather).  He also said that even with
Ubuntu getting nouveau to work is hit or miss, depending upon you
hardware.  I was cautioned not to expect too much even if I did get it
to work.  I think I'll DL the Meercat PPC image and at least try the
live boot on this box.  If it works I will try to repartition the box
and dual boot Debian & Ubuntu.