Re: Installing nouveau hints?

On Oct 8, 2010, at 5:08 PM, Gnu Turd  wrote:

> it even worth the effort?  Will this machine still be pokey, even with nouveau installed?

I don't have any experience with that particular card & driver. But if you know how much VRAM it has & what kind of apps you'll run on the system you'll have a better notion of how to proceed. Also, how long will you be using this system before it's retired?

As for compiling your own kernel on PPC, check the list archives for possible roadblocks to installing your compiled kernel. I'd suggest searching for ofpath & ybin:

http://lists.debian.org/cgi-bin/search?query=ofpath+ybin&DEFAULTOP=or&author=&list=debian-powerpc&sort=date&HITSPERPAGE=10&language=en