Re: radeon crashes with radeonfb - system locked

Am Dienstag 14 September 2010, 22:34:32 schrieb Elimar Riesebieter:
> * drz [100914 22:26 +0200]:
> > Am Dienstag 14 September 2010, 22:04:31 schrieb drz:
> > > OK, now I fixed some things I guess:
> > Too soon, I just tried out glxgears and the machine crashed completely,
> > no chance to ssh into the machine. And no relevant entries in syslog...
>
> What tells:
>
> $ dpkg  -l | grep firmware
>
> ?

# dpkg  -l | grep firmware
ii  b43-fwcutter                          1:013-2
Utility for extracting Broadcom 43xx firmware
ii  firmware-linux                        0.26
Binary firmware for various drivers in the Linux kernel (meta-package)
ii  firmware-linux-free                   2.6.32-21
Binary firmware for various drivers in the Linux kernel
ii  firmware-linux-nonfree                0.26
Binary firmware for various drivers in the Linux kernel

firmware-linux is installed...

I hope the free and nonfree do not interfere...

If you got any idea please tell me or feel free to ask for any log or other
output...

thx drz