Re: radeon crashes with radeonfb - system locked

* drz [100914 19:25 +0200]:
> Hi my dear debian-powerpc-list
>
> Im having another problem with my ati radeon car in my powerbook g4
>
> Graphics card:
> 0000:00:10.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV350 [Mobility
> Radeon 9600 M10]

Which works fine with kms ;-)

> I recently changed my yaboot.conf with an:
>  append="root=/dev/mapper/hda4_crypt video=radeonfb:off"
> to stop using kms.

You didn't stop kms, you disabled radeonfb.

append="root=/dev/mapper/hda4_crypt video=radeonfb:off radeon.agpmode=1"

should be good start to get a kms system with 3-D support.

> Now Im using radeonfb:
> # cat /proc/fb
> 0 radeondrmfb

This is the kms framebuffer not radeonfb.

> 1 OFfb ATY,Jasper
Do you need that? Why?

To disable kms you have to do that in
/etc/modprobe.d/radeon-kms.conf by stting "options radeon modeset=0"
The corresponding yaboot append should be
append="root=/dev/mapper/hda4_crypt" then.

Elimar

--
  The path to source is always uphill!
                                -unknown-