netbooting

Hi,

My iMac's[1] cd driver is very selective these now-a-days. It only
allows me to boot from original apple distributed media. So I was kind
of push to netbooting.

It all went great when I installed form lenny repository[2] booting
was successful (using this[3] and then disabling firewall). But using
the very same set of instructions with the files from sid
repository[4] (I believe they are the same ones from the squeeze
repository) it didn't even boot! Something about "Can't read Elf
e_ident/e_type/e_machine info". Googling around I found[5] that the
same files work OK if you boot from the hd.

Should I be doing something differently?

I will try the daily images[6] to see if whatever it was wrong is fixed.

cheers,

[1] http://support.apple.com/kb/SP131
[2] http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/lenny/main/installer-powerpc/current/images/powerpc/netboot/
[3] http://wiki.ppckernel.org/w/Mac_Netboot