Re: Installing Debian Lenny on MacMini G4 (solved)

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 4:18 PM, brian m. carlson
<sandals@crustytoothpaste.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 08:59:17AM -0300, Gunther Furtado wrote:
>> Have you thought about installing from an USB stick? is it possible for
>> the kind of hardware you are dealing with?
>
> I've installed with a USB stick before for other G4 Apple machines, so
> it's very likely possible with the Mac Mini.

Just to close this thread. I did get my macminig4 to boot using a dvd
(never got cd or usb to boot). I summarized the story at:

http://malatsblog.blogspot.com/2010/08/debian-on-macminig4.html

Just for fun, I did found someone else having issue with booting from
cd and usb (he used hard drive solution):

http://www.macfreek.nl/mindmaster/Debian_on_PowerBookG4

Thanks everyone for suggestions,
--
Mathieu