Re: g5 install problem

Am 31.05.10 09:40, schrieb Ron Brooks:
Hi, I joined this group hoping for a solution so here's the problem. I
have a Powermac G5 1.6 single processor that I've tried many times to
install Debian. The install goes fine...but on reboot up comes the
black bootstrap screen which asks if I want to boot from the hd or cd.
I choose hd but it just loops until the fan goes crazy and I have to
power it down manually. I've tried the rescue option with no luck. One
thing I forgot...there is no MacosX installed just Debian.  Thanks.

Debian Install CD got a yaboot configurator.
Try to get the right settings. After that you can re"pee" the
PRAM to get the yaboot startup in which it says where to boot from.

Remember to give it up when you tried everything.
Yaboot is not available for any G5 machines...as well not for mine.

I have a G5 2,5 dual PPC here and I have tried everything, but yet
without any luck. SO Debian was not the first and last distribution
I have tried.