Re: Installing Debian Lenny on MacMini G4

--- On Mon, 7/26/10, Rick Thomas <rbthomas@pobox.com> wrote:

From: Rick Thomas <rbthomas@pobox.com>
Subject: Re: Installing Debian Lenny on MacMini G4
To: "PowerPC List Debian" <debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org>
Cc: "Mathieu Malaterre" <mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com>, "Chris Reich" <chrisreich@rocketmail.com>
Date: Monday, July 26, 2010, 4:33 PM

On Jul 26, 2010, at 9:41 AM, Chris Reich wrote:

> I've seen this problem before myself and have never resolved it. It's also been reported elsewhere without resolution. I watch this thread anxiously awaiting a fix.
> All my best - Chris Reich; Rochester, New York  twittername: chrisreich

Chris,

Just incase you missed the point of what I wrote (possible, I'm not always a clear as I could be):

I have verified that there is nothing wrong with the iso image on the web site.

So the only things that are left are:

1) Mathieu encountered some kind of un-detected error in downloading the iso or burning the CD.

2) There's something wrong in the hardware of Mathieu's mac mini G4.

Case (1): He should re-download, verify the checksum, re-burn, verify the burn, and try again to see if it boots.

Case (2): He should try the CD on a different PowerPC Mac.  See if it boots there.  Also try a different bootable media, such as a MacOS-X DVD.

Hope this helps,

Rick

Rick, Yes I understood perfectly well what you were saying, and certainly that's the first step. But I've been down that road and had no trouble here. Of course that means nothing in Mathieu's case. He must prove to himself that the disks are okay before going on. You are right.
All my best, Chris Reich; Rochester, New York  twitterid: chrisreich