Re: Debian PowerPc installer initramfs-tools generates malformed yaboot.conf created when alternate partitions use UUID= in fstab

Michel Dänzer wrote::

> As Rogerio asked, what patch and where did you submit it? BTW, when
> filing bug reports affecting the powerpc port I think it's a good idea
> to tell reportbug to send the report to the debian-powerpc list as well,
> so we can get an idea of what issues there are.

With all due respect, I believe the wrote about it in great detail to
the list before or shortly after he submitted the bug report. I
experienced the same problem with testing builds but found a
workaround by using the netboot installer from stable that then asks
whether you wish to install stable, testing, or unstable. But that's
not exactly a documented or acceptable workaround for the yaboot issue
at hand. I have access to both ppc64 and 32-bit Macs if anyone needs
help testing or troubleshooting this problem.

-Gary