openoffice cannot edit queries, could it be openjdk's fault?

Hi,

I cannot edit oobase queries in OpenOffice 3.2 on a sid powerpc install

Whe I run

$ LANG=C oobase

and try to edit any query that is already there or to create a new one
the program quits on me and displays the standard Unexpected
error/Document Recovery warning and then:

gunther@papel:~$ terminate called after throwing an instance of
'jvmaccess::VirtualMachine::AttachGuard::CreationException'

Debugging OpenOffice is not quite as easy as it is for other software.
So I am asking if anyone has already bumped into this one.

cheers,

--

"...agora, só nos sobrou o futuro...", visto em www.manuchao.net

Gunther Furtado