Re: Current debian-installer broken for Sun GEM ethernet on powerpc?

On Fri, 2010-05-28 at 20:28 +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Just wondering if anyone else had hit on issues with the current
> debian-installer on powerpc.  On my Mac Mini, it fails to bring
> up the ethernet interface due to not finding the ethernet
> adapter.  Strange, since it's always worked to date!  I reported
> this as #578927
>
>   http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=578927
>
> but maybe it's a kernel issue?
>

> Regards,
> Roger

Wow strange. I encountered this problem some months ago with the
installer not being able to configure and set up the ethernet card on my
playstation 3 which is a powerpc based machine. This was fixed for
squeeze alpha 1. Is it broken again?