Re: no keyboard during boot -> fails (in: linux-image-2.6.32-trunk-powerpc_2.6.32-5_powerpc.deb)

On Wednesday 17 February 2010 17:24:31 Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> I wonder why the input Apple Internal Keyboard is loaded
> so much later. Note that the cryptofs questions comes up around at 10 or 11
> seconds.

> Maybe a module is missing?

Yes, hid-apple was missing from the generated initramfs.
I could solve the problem by adding "hid-apple" to
  /etc/initramfs-tools/modules
and regenerated the initrd
  dpkg-reconfigure linux-image-2.6.32-trunk-powerpc

As reported by Rene Pavlik a newer version of initramfs-tools fixes this,
see http://bugs.debian.org/515866 .
(I was trying this kernel on Lenny, so I had an older version of initramfs-
tools.)
 Thanks Rene for the pointer.