Re: File sharing with Apple Snow Leopard

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 8:53 AM, Thomas Carlson <tcarlson@sharedcup.com> wrote:
Snow Leopard still uses AFP (which is different than Appletalk, actually) to connect with its own Time Capsule so it should work with Netatalk.  Problem lies with password encryption, I think.  Accessing through Samba runs up against the same issue.  Any Netatalk gurus out there who could tell me how to configure it so that encryption is enabled?

A simple google search for 'afp linux server':

http://blog.damontimm.com/how-to-install-netatalk-afp-on-ubuntu-with-encrypted-authentication/

http://www.kremalicious.com/2008/06/ubuntu-as-mac-file-server-and-time-machine-volume/
http://viebrock.ca/article/22/file-sharing-from-linux-to-os-x-a-quick-guide
http://www.disgruntled-dutch.com/2007/general/how-to-get-your-linux-based-afp-server-to-show-up-correctly-in-leopards-new-finder