lenny installer fails "ramdisk: incomplete write"

Hello,

The lenny installer fails on an IBM p55A  9133-55A

This is a power5 machine.

This is a partition inside the box.

I am trying to install from a CD.

It boots the CD, give me a choice of installs, I type install64 and then after
booting, complains that it cannot mount the root filesystem with the
following error:

RAMDISK: incomplete write (-28 != 32768) 10485760

This does not happen with etch.

The etch CD boots up just fine and starts into the installation dialogue.

I would like to avoid installing etch and then doing a dist-upgrade to lenny.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks,

Jean

--
Jean Robertson, McGill University (514) 398-8117