Re: Sid on PowerPC has broken xserver-xorg-core

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 04:15:10PM +0100, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> 	Hi!
>
> * Rick Thomas <rbthomas@pobox.com> [2010-01-19 15:00:11 CET]:
> > Interesting... The culprit turned out to be the xserver-xorg-input-wacom
> > driver.  At first I removed all the video drivers that weren't mentioned
> > in Xorg.0.log.  That didn't solve the problem, but made it clear that
> > there were still problems with the input drivers.  So I removed those I
> > knew I wasn't using and that solved the problem.  Then I re-installed
> > the video and input drivers I had removed - one by one, until I started
> > seeing conflicts again.  I was able to put back everything but the wacom
> > input driver.
> >
> > Now, the question is: how do we get the wacom input driver fixed?
> > Should I submit a bug report against xserver-xorg-input-wacom?  What
> > should I say is the problem?
>
>  I guess this just means the package hasn't got built yet:
> <http://packages.debian.org/sid/xserver-xorg-input-wacom> lists an older
> version of the package for powerpc.
>
>  The build logs for the package speak a clear picture:
>  <https://buildd.debian.org/~luk/status/package.php?p=xf86-input-wacom&suite=unstable>
> It failed on quite some architectures. It might be that the
> build-dependencies weren't set tight enough and it stumbled through that
> into old versions or similar. I'd hope one of the buildd admins will try
> a give-back at some point, or that the package maintainer (hi, Ron!)
> would notice the build issues.

Hurd and kbsd are likely P-A-S, but not added yet for the rename.

MIPS appears to be in an inconsistent state, but nothing I can fix.
The rest appear to be affected by #559676, which yes I already reported
and was fixed in git a few minutes later :)

I'm not sure why this is happening there though, the packages that weren't
fixed for that should have never gotten out of experimental.  I originally
had tighter deps but dropped them for this release because it was fixed in X.

Cheers,
Ron