Re: Sid on PowerPC has broken xserver-xorg-core

On Jan 19, 2010, at 4:36 AM, Michel Dänzer wrote:

On Mon, 2010-01-18 at 23:44 -0500, Rick Thomas wrote:

My question is: How do I know which packages I'm likely to need, so I
can remove the rest?

Something like

grep _drv /var/log/Xorg.0.log|grep -v input

should show you which video driver your X server is using.

Thank you. That was quite helpful. But before I tear in and start deleting packages... are there any of the other xserver-xorg-video-* packages I'm likely to need for some reason? I'm thinking about stuff with generic sounding names, e.g. -fbdev or -chips ?

Thanks!

Rick