Re: Yaboot

Hi Aurélien,

Le mercredi 01 décembre 2010 à 23:10 +0100, Aurélien GÉRÔME a écrit :
> Benjamin, rest assured your work has been very much appreciated,
> at least by me. :]

Thanks ! Sorry I didn't finish everything I wanted to do, but it's nice
to see you eventually made an upload to unstable !

> When you talk about Joseph's code, do you talk about the changes in the
> Gentoo package or something elsewhere (which I have obviously missed)?

The ofpath rewrite, as you noticed in your next email. It /may/ replace
ofpath as-is, but as it has not been tested for backward compatibility.
And TBH, if you want to replace ofpath altogether, better use
ofpathname. The only way Joseph's code could be usefull and not too
risky, to me, is to integrate sysfs path translation into existing
ofpath (i.e. before or after /proc translation). (which is not possible
with ofpathname due to licensing mismatch)

Regards,
benjamin