Re: Yaboot

Hi,

Le samedi 27 novembre 2010 à 13:22 +0100, Jeroen Diederen a écrit :
> What about yaboot? Does anyone have any update on this ongoing problem?
> There was some activity a while ago but it vanished after a few weeks. I
> have the idea that we won't have yaboot when Squeeze gets released. Any
> news on the debian-installer team with respect to this?

About my work, I didn't have the time nor motivation to integrate Joseph
Jezak work on sysfs enhanced ofpath. This needs some work, and as we had
no news from either the yaboot maintainer, the d-i team nor the
release-team (to know if this work is worth it if we can get it uploaded
for squeeze), I don't know if we'll ever see a new yaboot version in
Debian.
I think this patch is absolutely needed as yaboot is still broken on
SATA PowerPCs today.

Regards,
benjamin