Re: debian-powerpc support

what exactly is your application, may I ask ?

remember that you are free to take what you want and to customize what
you want, for instance you can take just the core system from debian
at least and wouldn't that help you versus putting together your own
custom distro from kernel.org  gnu.org or something like that ?

you may also wish to consider netbsd depending on your needs, it is
quite stable and has fewer porting issues for applications, the
kernel/ driver interface is more consistent.

that's about all I can say,   although I believe that the debian wiki
would have some statistics on the port as far as minimal qualification
standards and how well it meets them, and if you look at the release
progress charts you can also see which ports are struggling more to
make the release.

myself I am mostly using ubuntu these days -- even though the powerpc
is officially unofficial or "community" supported, I believe that it
is polished up from the debian it is derived from, as more of a
production system, however for development purposes plain debian may
be a better bet.

Brian

Note there are millions of power processors sold every month, tens of
millions probably even, so it is not a matter of whether they are
going away, it is more a matter of are the mfgs of the devices where
they are used, using Linux, and in particular the distribution issue.