Re: How can I emulate Debian for PowerPC on Intel processor?

On Jul 30, 2010, at 6:56 AM, Christian Simo wrote:

Dear Team!

I currently virtualize with vmware,
Please how can I run Debian for PPC on Intel or How can I emulate Intel to support PPC OS

Thanks in advance

The interesting question is what "flavor" of PowerPC? There are NewWorld Macs, OldWorld Macs, and a few flavors of IBM and embedded powerPC, each with their own boot firmware interface.

I've never used qemu, but I'm told it provides an emulated PPC VM. But I have no idea of which boot firmware it emulates, if any. Anybody know?

Rick

PS: I've cross-posted to the debian-powerpc in hopes they might have some light to shed...