Re: video problem on powerbook g4 in squeeze

Am Montag 12 Juli 2010 17:56:33 schrieb Michel Dänzer:
> On Mon, 2010-07-12 at 17:27 +0200, drz wrote:
> > Ive got a problem with videos in debian powerpc (squeeze uptodate) on a
> > powerbook g4
> >
> > video card is:
> >  VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV350 [Mobility Radeon
> > 9600 M10]
> >
> > symptoms:
> > If I watch video (no matter which player I use (mplayer and vlc)) I get a
> > picture that is vertically 'distorted'. Kind of every 5 pixels
> > (horizontically) the picture is moved 5 pixels (vertically)
>
> Sounds like it could be http://bugs.debian.org/587999 . Make sure the
> DRI is enabled (not only for this but also better performance in
> general).

DRI is enabled. or isnt it...? Are DRI and the glxinfo output about direct
rendering two pair of shoes?

-- # glxinfo
name of display: :0.0
display: :0  screen: 0
direct rendering: Yes

But I seem to have all the symptoms of Bug 587999. thx alot.
I will try to work around it as described.

thx a lot
drz