Re: Windfarm Modules for Ubuntu 10.04 (G5 Imac)

Hi,

Eraina and Richard jenkins wrote:
I tried downloading and installing Ubuntu 10.04 from here:-

	http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ports/releases/10.04/release/

and the kernel included is 2.6.32-something!
However, when I ran the system, it would freeze from time to time.
Latterly it began to reset itself without my intervention ... but
hardware reboots are not a great idea when you are in the middle of
something!!

My only clue is that there is a message during bootup about windfarm
modules not being loaded.  From a quick google, windfarm controls the
temperature of the box ... through controlling the fans.

Yes, the problem exists also on latest testing. Adding windfarm_core to /etc/modules did the trick. I don't know why this regression appeared but it made me freak out the first time the new kernel loaded and I thought that the Pmac frozed in kernel panic.

Regards,
--
Stéphane