How to activate KMS with a radeon video card on powerpc?

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone managed to activate the Kernel Modesetting on
a powerpc with a radeon video card, and if yes, what are the
instructions.

I have an Apple iBook G4 12" mid2005, with a ATI Radeon r300 video card
(ATI Technologies Inc M11 NV [FireGL Mobility T2e] (rev 80)), and I did
not succeed. What I tried is the following:

- add radeon.modeset=1 to the kernel options in the /etc/yaboot.conf
  file and run ybin -v
- ensure that radeon module is loaded soon enough in the boot process by
  adding radeon in the /etc/modules file

I am using Debian unstable, with some packages of experimental. The
relevant packages seem to be
- linux-image-2.6.32-3-powerpc kernel
- libdrm2/libdrm-radeon1 2.4.18-3
- mesa packages 7.7-4
- xserver-xorg-video-radeon 1:6.12.192-1 (built from source package in
  experimental)

Everything seems to go well during the boot process, since I see in the
syslog:
[drm] radeon kernel modesetting enabled.

However, when X loads, it cannot find any dri device in the /dev/
directory, resulting in a X session without any graphic acceleration.
Typing glxinfo | grep render yields :
 direct rendering: Yes
 OpenGL renderer string: Software Rasterizer

In the /var/log/Xorg.0.log, I read :
(--) RADEON(0): Chipset: "ATI FireGL Mobility T2e (M11) NV (AGP)"
(ChipID = 0x4e56)
(--) RADEON(0): Linear framebuffer at 0x0000000098000000
(II) RADEON(0): AGP card detected
(WW) RADEON(0): Failed to read PCI ROM!
(II) RADEON(0): Attempting to read un-POSTed bios
(WW) RADEON(0): Failed to read PCI ROM!
(WW) RADEON(0): Unrecognized BIOS signature, BIOS data will not be used
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenByBusid: Searching for BusID pci:0000:00:10.0
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenByBusid: drmOpenMinor returns -1
[snip ....(the last two lines repeat with increasing card numbers until 15]
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
[snip ... (the last line repeats with increasing card numbers until 15]
(EE) RADEON(0): [dri] RADEONDRIGetVersion failed to open the DRM
[dri] Disabling DRI.

My xorg.conf file possesses only one section relative to virtual display
for a possible second screen.
Section "Screen"
	Identifier	"Default Screen"
	Device		"ATI Technologies Inc M11 NV [FireGL Mobility T2e]"
	Monitor		"Color LCD"
	DefaultDepth	24
	SubSection "Display"
		Virtual	1920 1968
		Modes	"1024x768"
	EndSubSection
EndSection

I do not know what to try next. I have KMS running on an i386 iMac with
r500 radeon card. Should I just wait for something to be fixed? Did I
miss some points in the configuration? Thanks in advance for your
precious advices.

Best,

	Cédric