Yaboot and volume labels

I'm running an unstable 5.0.3 on a 15" PowerBook G4 on a custom 2.6.32.3 kernel. I have a single partition that is a reiserfs file system.

When I tried to upgrade to a 2.6.32.4 kernel (or higher as the current stable kernel is 2.6.32.6), I got the "Waiting for root file system..." hang. Debian has some documentation about it:

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/powerpc/release-notes/ch-upgrading.en.html#boot-hangs

I tried the suggestion of labeling the file system to 'Root', but it still hangs. I thought maybe the initramfs image wasn't being setup properly, so I modified the /etc/initramfs-tools/initramfs.conf file and set this:

ROOT=LABEL=/Root

and rebuilt my initrd.img:
mkinitramfs -o /boot/initrd.img-2.6.32.6 2.6.32.6

The resulting image was 22MB, but the system still hangs. If I try to configure my /etc/yaboot.conf to look for the root at LABEL=/Root, it becomes unreadable when selected at the Yaboot selection screen.

Here is my current yaboot.conf:

boot=/dev/hda2
device=/pci@f4000000/ata-6@d/disk@0:
partition=4