Re: HowTo Nouveau on PPC64.

Amit Uttamchandani wrote:
On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 04:39:09PM +0100, Brian Durant wrote:
I have a standard Lenny system installed on a G5 single with a 1.8
GHz. processor and GeForce FX 5200 graphics card. I understand that
the Nouveau driver is still in experimental, but that there are
requests from developers to try using it on desktop machines.
Unfortunately, I have been unable to find any information about
where to download a PPC64 version or how to install it. Is there a
HowTo somewhere?

Hi,

I haven't installed Nouveau driver myself but I have attempted to do so
before. It is not that hard to compile and set it up but you will need a
fairly recent version of Xorg and its associated MESA libraries. I don't
think the ones in Lenny are new enough. You might need to upgrade to
squeeze or maybe even sid. But of course, it is best to research first.
The instructions for x86 should work for ppc as well.

Good luck,
Amit
I was hoping that it was at a level where it was just a matter of subscribing to the correct repo :-(

Cheers,

Brian