LVM and copy to another system....

I have a Debian system running on my trusty TiBook.... but would like to move to a dual 450Mhz Mystic..... I have an external disk mounted on the TiBook... which is cloned from the internal disk..... I have tried to mount (as system/boot disk) the external disk on the Mystic.. but get an error with "no such volname /dev/mapper/ munin" (munin is the name of the TiBook) ....

What are the typical gotcha's for this ?? (which I undoubtedly have stumbled into.....)

kind regards

nse

"Ach, crivens, what a wee snotter....."

Quote from "The Wee Free Men" by Terry Pratchett