Re: xserver Settings for ATI Rage 128

Rick,

Your Screen section seems to be missing the entries for the input devices you specified earlier in the conf file.

Peter

Rick Thomas wrote:
On Aug 20, 2009, at 10:34 AM, Dirk wrote:

Hello,

I'm running debian lenny here on a G4 processor with ATI Rage 128
graphic card. All works fine up to now except the xserver screen
resolution. It seems to be fixed to 800x600 and I can't find where / how to change it. My monitor supports 1280x1024, and KDE on 800x600 sucks... Although I googled up and down the net I didn't find a working solution
to my problem.

Anyone here knows what I must do to get this fixed?
I'm still a newbie on linux, so I'd be glad to receive some more
detailed support. ;)

Thanks,
Dirk

It only gets worse. I've got a G4 PowerMac with an ATI Rage 128 card running squeeze with an xorg.conf (attached -- maybe it will help you, Dirk) that worked fine under Lenny, but now gdm won't start at all.

I can supply log files if somebody wants to help debug this problem...

Rick