Re: Sound drivers detected on Mac Mini and G5, but not Powermac G4

(No need to send copies of list messages to me; the default assumption
on Debian mailing lists is copies are not to be sent unless requested.)

Risto Suominen <risto.suominen@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm quite sure that snd-aoa does not support Tumbler or older
> hardware, probably never will. Perhaps Tumbler and Snapper could be
> supported with small changes in code, older ones probably not.

Okay. How can I diagnose, then, why the ‘snd-aoa’ modules are loaded on
this machine (with no explicit request or configuration that I know of),
and why the ‘snd-powermac’ module is not loaded?

What needs to be done to ensure the correct module is detected and
loaded, in such a way that future upgrades of the Debian kernel packages
will continue to work?

--
 \        “I don't accept the currently fashionable assertion that any |
  `\       view is automatically as worthy of respect as any equal and |